Recent Posts

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Fuerza Bruta Experience

This has got to be one of the most unique shows I've ever been to. Well, hindi naman ako pala-nood ng mga theatrical shows pero when I first read about this, I got interested. I so badly wanted to watch Varekai when Cirque du Soleil was here last year at kala ko isa na naman ito sa mga mapapalampas ko dahil wala akong kasama AT mahal ang ticket. haha. Pero dahil may nagyaya sa aking gelay, eh hindi na ako tumanggi. Oo, ako na ang nakipagdate sa pechay. Vegetarian ako last night. Haha.

Attendance check muna... Heart Evangelista - check. Daniel Matsunaga - check. Divine Lee - check. Victor Basa - check. Teresa Herrera of Project Runway - check. James Younghusband - check. Al Galang (the yoga instructor being linked to vicky belo) - check.

Sushaaaaaal. Tinry kong tumabi sa kanila, hindi bagay. Baklitang hampaslupa. Hahaha. Pero tulala ako kay Heart. From now on, sya na ang patron saint of sophistication. Gow!

The ticket came with two complimentary cocktail drinks. Guests were led to specific tables at the lounge while waiting for the show to start. We arrived thirty minutes earlier so our drinks were served right away. Sa kakadaldal namin, malapit na pala magumpisa. Bilang pagmamadali, nagbottoms up kami sa isang glass nung cocktail. Si gelay ay nahilo nang major. Haha. Maya maya pa ay nagannounce na na magsstart. Papasok ka sa isang malaking area surrounded by black curtains.


What makes it unique is that the audience is involved in the show. You dance with them and go crazy with them. It starts with a guy on a treadmill-like platform walking and walking and walking and then he starts running and gets shot by a gun...

I don't wanna spoil everything so eto na lang ang pictures:





 Eto si Mars Heart nasa harap namin...


It was an awesome show! But I think it would be more awesome kung marami kami and medyo nakainom na. The crowd was kinda bleh. Kahit ako mejo nahihiya kasi parang walang tama ng alcohol. Haha. Kelangan game lahat sumayaw and mag partey partey para mas masaya.

At the end of the show, some people were asked to join the cast sa isang side nung area/hall, tapos all of a sudden may shower pala. Basang basa ang mga tao habang umiindak sa saliw ng musikang pang-adik adik. Chos!

That's all, folks! Gow watch Fuerza Bruta at the Manila Hotel. Ayan, free promo.

7 comments:

Leo said...

I searched about it few weeks ago, kasi someone tweeted about it. Interesting nga siya because of the audience participation at my basaan moments! Hahaha.

Dapat sinama mo si Mugen, para masaya ang party party!

EEEEEEE.

RainDarwin said...

wow ka-level mo na si heart evangelista.

samantalang kami hanggang sinehan lng. kami ni fox isetan recto - 130 pesos ang ticket. Si japnishi naman, Remar ba yun? yung sa harap ng gateway daw hahahahahahah! PEACE jap.

red the mod said...

I have both Varekai and Dralion performances of Cirque de Soleil on CD. These are official theatrical releases of their performances. I can lend them to you. :)

JC said...

Leo: may work kasi sya hehe.

Papa P: nilaglag mo na naman si jap! hahaha.

red: i watched it na on youtube, i was actually after the live experience sana. hehe. thanks thanks! :)

Zane said...

Hi! Came across your blog post (I work for the local promoter). Thanks for coming ha! Fyi, though, on March 15 and 22, it's the boys naman who'll get wet sa "look up" pool :D

JC said...

Zane: i was not informed! kainis! haha. very good show nonetheless. :)

alex said...

i remember reading an entry from your blog few months back and i really like it... kaso naging busy... tapos ngayong wala magawa hinanap ko uli blog mo hehehe... keep it up! =)

Post a Comment