End of billing cycle: August 20 (P2.4k+) --- settled
September 3: PLAN UNBILLED says, Unbilled Charge as of 09/03 is PHP959.05
September 4: A text from 290 as of September 4 says that my bill is only at P1k+.
September 5: Lost network.
September 6: I figured my postpaid line might have been disconnected. Talked with globe via Chat Assist.
Julie: Hi! how can I help you today?It's frustating how Globe extorts money from its customers! They don't tell you until you have incurred a humongous amount of money. I admit using 3G from time to time when I'm out and I don't have wifi but that is only because I have a consumable amount at my disposal and I intend to max it out just to get all my money's worth.
JC: Hi Julie, the chat session got disconnected. Is there any way you could route me to Dyne?
Julie: i apologize for the inconvenience sir
Julie: however we do have limited access to transfer a conversation
Julie: let me continue in assisting you
Julie: for me to view the details of your last conversation may i have your mobile number and email add?
JC: Mobile: 0917xxxxxxx
JC: Email: xxx@xxx.xxx
Julie: thank you for the information
Julie: i believed your request is regarding reconnection of your line
Julie: is that right sir ?
JC: Yes, that's right.
Julie: as i have checked your request for reconnection is on the process
JC: Okay. So were you able to verify my payment?
Julie: sir ,please be advised that your request for reconnection has been forwarded to our support team,
JC: How long does it take for them to complete the reconnection?
Julie: sir please be advised that your account was disconnected due to high usage which is not yet reflected on your bill amounting to php9,059.29
JC: Oh my god, how did this happen?
JC: My previous bill says it's 2,400+
JC: Just recently I received a text message that my bill so far is 1k+
JC: So where did that 9k come from???
Julie: yes sir,as i have checked you have an outstanding balance amounting to 2,456.61
JC: that's true which i just settled.
JC: I've been checking everyday for my bill and it's still 1k
Julie: please be advised that the php9,059.29 ,is not yet reflected on your bill
JC: Why is it not in my bill?
JC: Every day, it increases by hundreds, which is understandable because of my roaming usage.
JC: I don't get why it doesn't reflect everything!
Julie: it will be on your upcoming bill
JC: so 2312's PLAN UNBILLED is inaccurate???
JC: as of September 3, it's just P959.05
JC: and as of September 4, i received a text from 290 saying that my unbilled usage is only P1,075.75.
JC: is that inaccurate too???
Julie: as i have checked your unbilled charges is amounting to 2,382.14 as of 09/07/2011
JC: So how in the world did it sum up to 9k?
Julie: the P 9,059.29 is the amount the usage that was already generated
Julie: however it will reflect on your next billing
Julie: the P 9,059.29 includes your roaming charges
Julie: specifically your roaming internet charges
For the record, I have been religiously checking my unbilled charges every day to keep track of my usage but apparently, their billing service isn't that reliable. I'd understand if it can't be real-time, but geez, it's been dayssssssssssssssss and the charges still remain hidden!!!
Their chat assist is helpful but sweet bejesus, i got disconnect 5 times! I had to talk to different agents everytime I get disconnected because they can't transfer conversations and they had to get all my personal info over and over and over again!
- end of rant -
In fairness to me, I don't trash-talk or rattle customer service reps. For one, I have plenty of patience to spare and I try to remain as calm and polite as possible. Hehe. :)

19 comments:
Agree ako sa last paragraph mo. Ang bait mo nga! Haha. Tama naman yan! :) Pero ang mahirap din magalit sa chat eh. Lol. Kapag ako sa phone, hindi ko talaga naiiwasan. #lampake
Excessive billing due to 3G is one of the top complaints of Globe, as per their former executive.
When you are exposed to customer service, you will experience every kind of costumers. Sometimes, I call them costume-rs, unwanted entities na naka costume. When you do, you will, most probably, also be an irate customer. Good thing you have patience...
lerki! 9k for a phone bill?!!! meron naman parang roaming sim ang globe na prepaid, minimum lang maintaining balance
then for calls abroad cheaper to use skype?
dami rin naman wifi hotspots, unless really urgent saka lang mag 3G
ang laki ng bill! oh em gee! grabe, baka pag nakareceive ako ng ganyang bill atakihin ako. tapos badtrip pa ang csr nila, hindi man lang mag-empathize para ramdam mo naman na may karamay ka. tsk.
Grabe! Grabe!
pera pera na yan... hehe
drama king: kahit sa phone, di ako masyado nagtataas ng boses baka mura murahin ako pagtapos ng call. hahaha.
xall: oo nga excessive billing ang common complaints.
seth: ang sim kasi ng iphone is a microsim, mas maliit sa normal sim.. ok sana ang idea na yan, papaliitin ko lang yung normal sim.
yeah, i use skype for calls.
green breaker: haha ok lang kahit di sila makiramay, ayusin lang nila ang billing system nila. intayin ko na lang na officially na ma-bill sakin.
empi: malaking peraaaaa! waaaaaaaaaaaa! :'(
I see. Meron naman yatang sim cutter? Yung metal part lang naman ng sim ang functional ang important
oh my... masakit sa bulsa ang 9K na bill.. waah! :(
kudos to you JC.. ikaw na ang mabait!! :)
I was a Globe post-paid subscriber for 6 years and unusual internet charges made me transfer to Sun Cellular. However, they got the same quandary. My theory is, since they can't extort much money from their call and text services, they rely on their new service, sadly, at our expense.
You are so nice JC! I can't tolerate chat service, because there's really a need for me to vent out, a.k.a, shout. LOL. The last time I raised hell to customer service was with Cebu Pacific. :)
uu nga,, u'r so polite..
pero, ang laki laki nga ng bill mo due to unbilled charges. ma-share lang, i remember working for a telecom, cust services are temporarily disconnected dahil dun, at since may lamit sila, they may have to pay to lower their unbilled charges and not yet paid billed charges. It's quite difficult to tell that they may have to pay something which hasn't been billed yet, hindi lahat nakakaintindi..
and at the same time, hindi accurate and unbilled charges na yan, highest estimates lang nila yan.. plus the fact, which i dont know if applicable sa globe, is that they can do something about it where customer no longer needs to pay the unbilled charges or in full but only those that are billed and due,, in short, credit to customer.
mas malaki pa ang bill mo sa sahod ko.. wahahaha
noh bahhhhhhhh. Payat ang 9k sa telephone bill mo. Extract it from your 30 dollars/day allowance!
kung ako sa iyo, i-jailbreak mo muna ang iphone 4 mo para ma-unlock at makagamit ka ng prepaid sim dyan.
tehn pagbalik mo sa pinas, restore to factory settings para bumalik sa dati yung ios ;)
Freakin 9K!!!!!!
Oh.... i can now imagine all the boys i can make happy with that amount. Dami ha.
Btw, I still hate Globe.
Choz.
stop watching porn from your phone hun.
seth: yeah. should've done that.
nate: masakit nga! :(
leo: our telecoms suck in their own way. lol.
ceiboh: that's good to know. sana mapaki-usapan ko. hehehe.
papa dingding: sayang ang 9k!!!
papa p: sayang pa rin!!!
ternie: scared ako to do that. hehehehe. that's one of the options that i'm considering though.
mschuni: im ok with Globe naman pero nakakaloka sila mang-surprise ha!
herbs: FYI, i don't access porn sites on my phone, sir.
grabeng hidden charge yan ah!
2,300 nga lang na phonebill natataranta na ako, 9k pa kaya! try mo icheck sa SOA
Post a Comment